Dscrapbookingroom Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Valentine Love Birds..something to Print, and something to Cut

Today on my blog, I am going to give you what you need to make the display below. 
 I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the picture had my husband and my names, and our wedding date.
Printed on card stock. Placed in frame from Dollar Tree. These frames are 9.25 inch square frames. Look carefully and you will find them at your local store. Have a mat inside for several photos. Take out the mat, and put in your own photo. A nice gift for someone, made for a Dollar$! The glittery heart on the V also came from a bag at the Dollar Tree. You don't have to have it, but it adds a nice touch. Since I printed my copy, I added eyes to the birds.



Download both files in a My Memories 6 File and change names and dates to your own
Don't have My Memories V6 yet, Use code STMMMS79141 to get $10 off plus $10 free files .





It takes four pieces for each bird, as the legs go between the two pieces of the body, then the wings are attached to each side. I tried making legs out of chenille sticks, but couldn't get my bird to stand without the piece of paper glued to the bottom. If you are just going to hang the birds, then the chenille stick legs would be fine. I used 20 gauge wire(sold in beading department) to make the legs. I just took a piece of wire, and wrapped it around a bottle to make a round circle at the end(looking like a blower for bubbles). I bent that flat to make a foot, and then bent it to look like a heart. I used low temp hot glue to place the legs between the body, and then played around with it until i got the bird to stand. If you don't have a cutting machine, I think you could just approximate the shape and make your own birds.


My friend Tona made the valentine deer, from a picture we had seen on pinterest. Each deer requires two wind corks. She used long straight pins(well that is what they looked like, probably an official beading name for them) for the legs. We ended up using E6000 glue to get things to stick to the cork. The antlers are made by wrapping a chenille stick around a pencil. Add bead eyes and pompom nose and tail, accent with a valentine bow.

By the way, the heart garland was bought at Michaels. With a coupon, it was only two dollars..Not worth making my own!

No comments: