Dscrapbookingroom Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Create Your Own Scrapbooking Paper..Digital or Print

ScrapColoring’s Pattern Generator features 48 patterns from tartan plaid to flowers and polka dots and any of them can be rendered in your choice of colors and at any of 5 pattern sizes, so you can pick the one that works with your project. Solids and gradient fills are available as well.  The ability to download the results in a .png file large enough to print a 12 x 12 page at 300 dpi makes this a great tool for generating your own digital scrapbook paper. You can then use this paper in My Memories Suite  V5 Software to create digital layouts.


ONE NOTE:  the scrapbook paper saved in the file had a white border at the bottom with the name of the web site. In My Memories it didn't work well when I tried to create a picture frame or shape with the paper, as the white area showed in my creation. I would use GIMP or Inkscape or any image editing software package to remove the white area before trying to use in My Memories.


All you have to do is to choose a pattern, its size and its colors.




You pick two colors, one for the foreground and one for the background. You then select the "pattern" you want on the paper. You can change the spacing or scale  too. Reverse the foreground and background colors by selecting the arrows between the two colors.




To save your file click on the disk shaped icon next to the printer. \

MAKE SURE YOU ALLOW POP UP WINDOWS in your browser, or you won't see the window to allow you to pick file name and save your paper.


Here is a page made using some created paper in My Memories Suite V. It is nice how the colors match perfectly since you get to select them.

You can print the paper onto white cardstock, and then cut it with your cutting machine like Cricut.

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to create some scrapbook paper of your own when you just can't find what you need online or in your saved files.

ONE NOTE:  the scrapbook paper saved in the file had a white border at the bottom with the name of the web site. In My Memories it didn't work well when I tried to create a picture frame or shape with the paper, as the white area showed in my creation. I would use GIMP or Inkscape or any image editing software package to remove the white area before trying to use in My Memories.


No comments: